There are many good reasons to join SMPR!
- Our local branch is your direct connection to ASM and it is one of the most active. ASM gives us financial support and high-caliber human resources
- We have dominated for several years in the number of student chapters throughout the United States. The chapters are very active and receive financial assistance from ASM
- Historically, Puerto Rico had excellent representation within ASM, both in its annual conferences, and in a variety of distinctions
- The 1st and only section in Spanish offered at the annual ASM convention (ASM ¡En Vivo!) was created and co-hosted by local scientists
- We have direct representation in the governance of ASM through our counselor, Dr. Mariel Pérez
- For the 1st time, ASM created a board of directors of 14 members, and the 1st Latina and Puerto Rican to be elected by the membership was our president, Dr. Greetchen Díaz
-There are many opportunities for our community of researchers in the microbial sciences, being members of SMPR and ASM!